Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Six Years
I woke up this morning and started my normal daily routine. It wasn't until Jon came home from working out and said that it had been six years since 9/11 that I started thinking. Wow...has it really been six years already? I still remember that day like it was yesterday. I have not been able to get it out of my mind. I have had an overwhelming sense of sadness sweep over me today. I can't believe how many times my eyes have filled up with tears thinking about that day. I can't help but think how much my life has changed in the last six years. I will admit that six years ago I was a bit crazy, and a completely different person than I am today. Four and a half years ago I met this silly kid, who never in my wildest dreams would turn out to be the man I would marry. I can truly say that I met my soul mate, and I will forever be in love with him and what we have built together. We have a beautiful family (bigger than we thought it would be right now), but so much better than I could have ever imagined. I am a mom of three wonderful, at times challenging, kids. They are the loves of my life. Today, I have been thinking about how precious life is and how many things we take for granted. So, today I have decided to try not to pass life by, but to pay attention to everything. The sound of Ashton and Oaklee playing together...McKinley's sweet laugh as she looks into my eyes...Jon telling me he loves me as he heads off to work. Our relationships are what matter most in this life. I hope we all can make a conscience effort to let the people around us know how much we love them. I love you guys and feel so blessed to have the family and friends that we have. Thank you for being a part of our lives as we journey through life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I too have been thinking about today. Yesterday was just another day 9-10-07. But today will forever be embedding in our minds the day America changed. The day we all changed. It reminds us to reflect on what is important in our lives. We need to continue to remember how blessed we all are, and be grateful for the freedoms we enjoy. I'm so grateful for my family, each and everyone. I love all of you.
Post a Comment